Saturday, May 3, 2014

How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying)

By Kerrelyn Sparks


The team is back!!  This time it's Zoltan's turn to meet his match (and his mate!)  I love this series, and this book doesn't fail to disappoint. When Zoltan goes looking for answers regarding his father's death, his search leads him to a secret valley in Tibet where he meets Neona, who then proceeds to try to kill him. Zoltan and Neona make a strong (and hilarious!) couple as each of them tries to figure out if they can trust the other one.  And I thought it was a riot that Zoltan took such a ribbing back home because he got the crap beat out of him by a woman. LOL!

The characters in this book (as in the previous books) are well defined and feel like old friends at this point.  I love Howard and Elsa, they are my favorite couple in this series and it was fun to see so much of them in this book.

The attention to deail in this book is astonishing.  I love Neona's village and her way of life, so simple and detached from modern living.  Like previous books in this series, there is just enough humor mixed in with the typical battle scenes (anyone care for a "Hello Kitty" watch?? Ha! Ha!) to keep the story balanced.  And, of course, there are secrets.  Neona is hiding a doozie of a secret that will ultimately change Zoltan's fate as a vampire. I love what happens to Zoltan...perhaps vampires in future books will follow his example?  It is certainly a twist that I never saw coming and could possibly lead to a whole new direction for this series.  It will be interesting to see if the author expands on Zoltan's new situation in future books. I don't want to say too much about this, for fear of giving away too many spoilers.  

The one thing I didn't like about this book is that we never learn of Xiao Fang's fate.  This was a major loose end for me and made the ending somewhat incomplete.  This book would have been a perfect 5 stars if the situation with Xiao Fang had been resolved. But as it is, this was still an excellent book. 

My rating: 4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment